Thursday, November 20, 2008

Winter :(

Hey peeps,

It is officially winter here, as of today. When I woke up this morning, it was 21 degrees outside.
I just realized I'm not mentally ready for winter.

Okay, here is one thing that I've been thinking of the last few days: why don't they make wool socks for babies? WHY? What are those kiddos supposed to wear? Shoes don't stay on (except for Robeez), and they're not that warm, anyway. And the really warm snow boots don't come in a size small enough for Noah. So what are you supposed to do between the time when you just put them in a BundleMe sack as infants and when they are big enough to get little snow boots as toddlers? Right now I'm just putting two pairs of wimpy cotton socks on and covering Noah with a blanket when we go out for a walk. And that is not going to be enough pretty soon.

Am I missing something here? What do you do at this age? I mean, even our house is a little cool at 65 degrees all day, and wool socks would be good just for being at home, too.

Okay, and here is another thing I have just realized, as of yesterday, when Noah and I went to three different stores to get stuff for Thanksgiving: getting in and out of the car seat that many times in a big old puffy jacket is no picnic for Mom or for Noah. His range of motion is really limited (think A Christmas Story, only not quite so bad), and it's really hard to manhandle that darn 5-point harness around all that bulk. Plus, his puffy jacket and my puffy jacket are both slick on the outside, so that makes it really hard to just perch him on my hip and be on my way.

Usually, I love winter. So maybe I'll post again in a couple of days with all the reasons I love the cold. But today, well, ugh.

5 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

"AAAAH! I can't move my arms!!"

Valerie said...

Hanna Anderson has baby Swedish Moccasins, Uggs, walker booties, etc.: http://www.hannaandersson.com/category.asp?id=baby_socks+%26+shoes&cm_re=Winter%202008-_-Mouse%20Over%20Navigation-_-Baby%20Socks%20Shoes. Scroll down...

Anonymous said...

I'm allergic to wool.
mom

Anonymous said...

SmartWool makes baby socks and hats. My kids live in them. Well, George did, Maggie won't leave any socks on. They are really cute stripes that usually don't go with anything.

https://www.smartwool.com/default.cfm#/Kids/Babies/-/

Lauren said...

THANK YOU Allison and Valerie!