Thanks to Sara Jourdan for bringing this to our potluck Thanksgiving dinner one year and bestowing the incredibly easy recipe on many of us.
Ever since I first had it, I have been intending to make this corn casserole again. But I haven't gotten around to it until this year, and I'm excited about it for several reasons. One, it's dang tasty. Two, it has a whole stick of butter in it. You can't go wrong with a whole stick of butter. (Or rather, it is very, very wrong. So deliciously wrong.) And third, it is so incredibly easy.
Corn Casserole
1 can cream style corn
1 can niblet corn, drained
2 eggs
1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 stick margarine or butter, melted
8 oz. sour cream
Mix all ingredients together. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray, then pour the mixture in. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy!
5 comments:
thank you..made this 2 years ago and loved it..couldnt find it..thanks!
I'm looking foward to the next update!
Mmm... I've made that one before, just thinking of it is getting me in the mood for Thanksgiving!
Hey lauren...i make this one every year. My mom has made it forever...but I add two eggs. Are you sure you didn't leave that out of the recipe?
Stephanie, I tried it both ways to decide on the eggs, and you are right! The eggs make it a little fluffier and lighter.
Post a Comment