Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Favorite Snack

Whenever we have a hankering for something sweet but don't have any real dessert at our house, Nathan and I make Nutella Banana Toast. Mmm.

Whatever you do, don't underestimate the power of Nutella.

I could go on about Nutella, but I will leave that to Emily, because she and Matthew go through more Nutella than can possibly be healthy.

Anyway, you'd be surprised at how good some fancy Nutella is on humble toasted wheat bread. And when you add some sliced banana, well I can only say "mmm" again.

Is this a favorite in anyone else's house?

9 comments:

Deb said...

Oh man, I totally agree! Nutella is pretty amazing.

Valerie said...

There's a little coffee shop in Coolidge Corner where you can get Hot Nutella or Nutella Coffee. YUM.

Matthew said...

Just picked up two more jars at the grocery store =)

It's also very good on crackers, or out straight out of the jar, as Emily prefers it.

Kim said...

Nutella with sliced banana on toast was my breakfast almost every day when I was living in Paris. Even more amazing? Crepes with nutella and banana.

Erin said...

nutella hot chocolate is the best. just put some milk in a saucepan, heat until frothy, add a tablespoon or two of nutella, and whisk. it's delightful :)

Andrew said...

I like it on pretzels. A good mix of sweet and salty and reminiscent of chocolate dipped pretzels.

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! I found this little market that sells it in little packets- great for on-the-go, works, etc...

FitzandMolly said...

maybe i've been living under a rock, but what the heck is nutella, exactly? i've seen it in the grocery stores, and saw kobe bryant's picture on an ad for it. that made me want to shy away from it.

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, Courtney. Nutella is a chocolate-hazelnut spread. It's kind of like the Italian version of peanut butter, only sweet.