I have a lot of thoughts about Election Day. But I'm going to spare you, because I imagine that, like me, you're a little sick of all the political talk. I also don't want this blog to be a place where anyone is uncomfortable, and since politics can be so polarizing, I'm going to stay hands-off for the most part.
But I did want to write something and acknowledge the huge event that happened yesterday. I'm praying that God continues to work in our country and in the hearts of those who run it.
Also, props to all of you who voted! Our voting experience was awesome--we went down to the local elementary school at about 11:00 so we could miss the early morning voters and the lunchtime voters. I took Noah's lunch, in case we were in line for a long time. But as it turned out, there was no line at all! We just walked straight up to a booth and cast our votes. Actually, the only other people there were old people. We don't know if we live near all old people or if it was just the old people time of day. In any case, it went really well!
How did your voting experience go? Leave a comment and let us know. Did you wait in line for hours? Did you experience picketers? Did you have an interesting conversation with someone?
5 comments:
no line, no Black Panthers, and I got a free coffee. Can't complain :).
We had old people with canes and walkers -- it was sort of intimidating. =)
so sorta like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D5th047zzo
(start at 3:45)
Our line was really long. People in front of us asked someone coming out how long he waited, and he said "45min, but there's free coffee and cookies up there." A separate older man in front of me said "for forty-five minutes in line, they should have shots! I want a couple malts!" Interesting at 8:30 am.
In MA, there was a proposition (3) to abolish dog racing in the state. Someone in line with my coworker had brought her two greyhounds wearing "yes on 3" jackets. Didn't think propaganda could be that close to the polls!
Dad and I voted early. You can go to any early voting location in the city so we went to one near my work when Dad picked me up. The parking lot was full but not that many ahead of us in line-maybe 75. The line moved rapidly and we were standing in front of our booths in 20 minutes. There were plenty of booths. Some people say more people voted early around here than on Election Day.
mom
Post a Comment