Well, that's my attitude today, at least. Last week, I was all about (don't kick me) Christmas. I know, it's barely November. But last Monday I went to Target, and they were already all decked out for the holidays.
Normally I groan in disbelief when the stores come out with all their Christmas decorations the Monday after Halloween. But this year, I was just enraptured by all the glitzy glory. I walked up and down every Christmas aisle and looked at all the ornaments, the stockings, the wrapping paper, and Christmas cards. I was so tempted to spend a ridiculous amount of money on Christmas decor, but I refrained. I did, however, buy some cute little snowflake plates that will be great for serving mini muffins or my family's specialty, sausage balls.
And I bought this tree, which I liked.
And I got ridiculously excited over this:
I don't care what you think. I am still really excited about my Funfetti cake.
So I guess I am just really excited about Christmas this year. For a while there, I completely forgot about Thanksgiving. But then I remembered, and I was glad, because not only do I love Thanksgiving food, but Nathan's family is coming up to Boston to share it with us! So it will be a great holiday, and we're really looking forward to it.
Oh, you'd like to talk about Thanksgiving food? I am sure I'll have lots of posts for you. This will be my fifth Thanksgiving turkey, and I have a few tips for you, if you've never done one of your own before. I'll write a post about that later. In the meantime, enjoy this fall-Thanksgiving-Christmas time of year. I know I do.
4 comments:
You got your love of Christmas from your mother. I agree! The lights look like diamonds-I was thinking today of going ahead and putting my tree up! It's true! Ken will be here Thanksgiving but I have BIG plans for decorating the outside for Christmas so he will be VERY busy! :)
Thanksgiving will be celebrated with all our favorites.
I love your buys at Target!
from
A Fellow Lover of Christmas,
mom
PS Are you going to decorate the tree and have the Beneshes watch "White Christmas" the day after Thanksgiving? For some reason I think Ken has to leave just before we watch the movie. Imagine that. hum.............
HOLIDAY FUNFETTI! I LOVE HOLIDAY FUNFETTI! Actually I love any kind of Funfetti-yet another reason we are kindred spirits. I bought my pjs from Target and I spent a good 5 minutes coveting a cute, fuzzy snowman blanket and some knit snowman sheets (I decorate with snowmen).
Oooh we should take you mom's suggestion and watch "White Christmas" :) That'd be fun! Also, I love the plates and the little tree-- very pretty!
a few things:
1. hobby lobby here in houston already had christmas things out on july 4th. seriously. in the store, out loud i said, "YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME."
2. if you come down to houston, we will have fall for another month. the leaves started changing the last week of october. this usually doesn't happen until mid-december.
3. i think you're so excited about your cake just because you like to say "funfetti."
4. i too love christmas. that's why i wanted my wedding to be in december.
Post a Comment