Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner

After putting a lot of thought into it, here is my Thanksgiving menu:

Butternut Squash Soup with Fried Sage Leaves (I saw someone on the Food Network fry some sage leaves, and I thought it'd make an awesome garnish to this soup.)
Turkey (brined, of course)
Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Stuffing
Corn Casserole (incredibly easy recipe coming soon)
Green Bean Casserole (I like the looks of this recipe because it does not involve icky canned cream of mushroom soup.)
Whiskey-Glazed Carrots
Rolls (not sure if I'm going to buy them or make them yet)
Cranberry Oatmeal Squares (These are in The Cake Mix Doctor cookbook--they are a hit every time I make them)
Hershey Bar Pie (This was a total hit last year.)
Caramel Pumpkin Pie
Maybe, if it's desired/requested, my Quadruple Chocolate Cake

Do you think we'll have enough food? ;)

Actually, I'm aiming for lots of leftovers. Leftovers are awesome, in no small part because it means you don't have to cook for a while after the Thanksgiving tornado in the kitchen. Although I think I will make at least one new dish out of the leftovers, which is Turkey and Potato Soup with Canadian Bacon. Yum.

If you are making something for Thanksgiving this year, be it one dish or the whole meal, tell us what it is!

5 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

girl. i'm glad you like doing all of this - at our house, everyone brings something. although maybe that's b/c everyone had 3 or 4 kids to wrangle simultaneously. i made fried sage leaves, but not for a garnish. i sandwiched parmesan shavings between 2 leaves, dipped in egg, then dredged in flour. fried them in oil very briefly. oh. my. gosh. delish.

Lauren said...

Don't worry, I'm enlisting help. :)

Deb said...

I hereby completely request/desire your Quadruple Chocolate Cake and would love to assist in making it, if my help is likewise desired :) That cake and my mom's rum cake are tied for my favorite home-made desserts. Ever.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish I was having Thanksgiving at your home! I would even settle for the leftovers :-) Thanks for the inspiring recipes.

Andrew said...

when is your chocolate cake ever not desired or requested? And Whiskey Carrots, eh? Not exactly Rum Cake, but I'm sure we'll have plenty to eat. I just wonder where I'll fit in the cannoli I want to get from Mike's.