Something funny happened one day while I was working at the College of Biblical Studies in Houston, and it still comes up from time to time, even though it happened like six years ago.
CBS is a pretty multi-cultural organization, with people from all kinds of ethnic backgrounds working there and going to school there. The guy who ran the bookstore at one point was Vietnamese, I believe. His name was Jeff. Although I don't remember him having trouble with the English language, one time there was a funny little episode that has made me laugh ever since. It involves Eric, a friend who was working in the bookstore at the time.
One day, as he was leaving work, Eric said, "See ya, wouldn't want to be ya."
The next day, as Eric was leaving, Jeff said, "See you. Wouldn't want to be like you."
Is that hilarious or what?
So just now, as Nathan was leaving for work, I said, "See you, wouldn't want to be like you."
It lives on.
1 comment:
This is so funny! Yes, it lives on, Eric and I still laugh about it too.
Mariela
Post a Comment