Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Six Weeks Old

Noah is six weeks old today! He is getting more and more interactive, which means he is more and more fun. And Nathan and I are discovering that we love him and are attached to him more and more as time goes by. He has truly become part of the family.

These pictures just don't do him justice at all. The kid is so stinkin' cute. I will work on getting those smiles on camera. He will just grin at you with his mouth wide open and be so delighted with the song you're singing or, I don't know, your hairline. :)

Here he is in Aunt Deb's cute outfit:
Tummy time is fun!

He really is a strong little kid. I am taking a mom and baby class at a local maternity store, and the instructor showed us the way to help them make the most out of tummy time (as shown in the picture--if you prop them up, they're not grinding their face into the floor). She used Noah as a demo baby to show everyone how to set the babies up, and he was holding his head up and looking around like a champ. After a while, she looked down as he was still going strong, and she exclaimed, "Look at him!" [Insert proud Mom face here.]

He is still fussy sometimes, but it's getting better. Lately we've been having trouble getting him to sleep. It's like he's fighting it--he gets swaddled as soon as he's tired, and just as he starts to drift off, it's like he realizes what's going on and starts to cry and arch his back. Then you have to calm him down until he gets sleepy again. Any tips?

2 comments:

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

He is so cute! About the fussy part, I wonder if he is over stimulated at that point. I didn't learn that until baby #2 but the minute he rubbed his eyes it was off to sleep before it got crazy in the house.
Getting them to sleep maybe the hardest part of the day, even at age 4! :)

Anonymous said...

Arching the back and having a hard time falling a sleep could be a sign of GERD. It's hard for babies who suffer from GERD to sleep well laying flat. We have a sleep CD that's great. It's called Lullabies for Little Ones. It looks psycho on the cover of the CD but is a great instrumental CD. I even fall asleep sometimes rocking my baby and listening to it!