He is a healthy, growing boy, and I know this for a fact because today we went to the pediatrician. Here are the stats: he is now 23" long and weighs 11 lbs. 2 oz. He is in the 75th-80th percentile in weight, length, and head size. He's a big kid!
(He also got a shot, which was a little traumatic for Mom, especially since I didn't know he would get a shot before we got there. Noah, on the other hand, screamed for about three minutes then was fine.)
He's growing and changing so fast. I don't have a plethora of pictures this week, but I do have one really good one:
So let's see. What is he doing that's new? Well, he's smiling more and more. He smiles a lot when Nathan is singing to him, which I think is the best thing ever. He is also on his way to finding his hands, although he hasn't quite put it all together yet.
As for the fussiness, it's definitely gas, not necessarily something chronic like colic. The pediatrician said that it'll peak at six weeks, the third month will seem much better, and it'll be over by the fourth month. My first reaction was, "By the FOURTH month?!" But as long as it gets steadily better after a week from now, I can handle it. And he has not been incredibly fussy all day every day since I wrote the last post. It comes and goes. If it were a constant ordeal every single day (like it was all weekend), I think I might feel a little desperate. But this level of fussiness is do-able, I think. He was grinning at the pediatrician today and charming all the nurses, which goes to show you that he can also be happy and super cute.
And here is a bonus video of Noah waking up from a nap. This is another video that maybe only the grandparents will enjoy, but he does make some funny faces at the beginning, he displays his huge yawn, and he punctuates the end with a nice, uncouth toot, which is preceded by a face that I think is hilarious. (Can you use words like "punctuate" and "uncouth" when referring to bathroom humor? Sorry--I am obviously digressing in my style of humor. Oh well. I haven't been out much lately....) It's a little fuzzy:
6 comments:
if you guys ever have a second kid, there's no way it's every gonna get this much attention! i feel sorry for it already...
Hey girl! Just wanted to let you know that we are in the 6th week! I hope this is the peak of the fussiness! I do remember Keegan being this way and it did get better! So there is hope for both of us! Also, I was surprised as well that Jack got a shot...usually they don't at their one month appt. You have to be prepared for these things! Fun having babies close together so I can see what is happening at your house!
This has actually already occurred to me. I hope we can be fair to future Baby Bs, but you're right -- it's going to be tough!
-Nathan
Hmmm... another post slipped in while I was taking my slow time to write. =)
For clarification, I was referring to Liz's comment.
http://allthingshendrick.blogspot.com/2008/02/what-to-do-with-kids-who-puke.html
Check out that link - it's for the future.
Julie
cutie! how are you doing? let me know when i can call you.
Post a Comment