So the biggest news this week is that Noah is growing like a weed! I finally took him to the pediatrician's office to weigh him on their scale (they said I could do that any time, which is nice). The doctor had said that he should be gaining half an ounce or an ounce per day. Well, the kid now weighs 10 lbs. 9 oz. Nathan and I did the math, and that means that he is gaining 1.7 oz. per day! At least we know we don't have any feeding problems!
He is also much more aware. He will look at you for much more time and listen to you talk to him. His attention span is not exactly long, but it's much longer than it used to be, and it's nice to know he knows who we are and is interested in us. If one of us is holding him and the other begins talking, he looks around to find the other parent. And he's beginning to follow other objects with his eyes, too.
Noah is also smiling a lot more. I think that most of the time it's because of gas, but I'm beginning to think he really is grinning from time to time. It's so cute! His smiles range from a little half smile to a huge, open-mouthed, squinty-eyed grin.
Some new pictures:
He is also much more aware. He will look at you for much more time and listen to you talk to him. His attention span is not exactly long, but it's much longer than it used to be, and it's nice to know he knows who we are and is interested in us. If one of us is holding him and the other begins talking, he looks around to find the other parent. And he's beginning to follow other objects with his eyes, too.
Noah is also smiling a lot more. I think that most of the time it's because of gas, but I'm beginning to think he really is grinning from time to time. It's so cute! His smiles range from a little half smile to a huge, open-mouthed, squinty-eyed grin.
Some new pictures:
My mommy loves me!
Daddy loves me, too.
My tummy is big...
And saving the best for last:
4 comments:
He is just so beautiful. Jackson had those Pooh pajamas and I keep them in my drawer so I can see them everyday. I'm not sure why I do that. They're just so sweet and they remind me of how small he used to be. That newborn look only lasts like three months. It goes so fast!
oh he is precious!
LB he is SO CUTE!!!!!!
check thsi out http://gallery.mac.com/ejaracz#100023
Baby Jaracz..... Timoth Ian.....
born Feb 2nd
Melissa R.
You have a precious child. So sweet...makes me want to have another...oh! The thought just passed! :)
Post a Comment