Okay, so I will not subject you to all the pictures we took on our trip to Texas, but I do have quite a few for you to peruse. :)
We headed down to Texas on March 6 for Matthew and Emily's wedding that weekend, then Noah, Nathan, and I spent a week in Waco, Nathan headed back to Boston, and Noah and I spent another week in Houston. We had a great time, and we were really sad to come back to 40-degree weather!
We flew into Houston before heading to Irving for the wedding, and my grandparents got to meet their new great-grandson.
Granny loved holding Noah, of course.

Then we headed off to Irving for the wedding and to introduce Noah to the Benesh clan. Grandma Tanner was one of the first to get to hold him.

My dad also got to hang out with us a bit at the church.

Emily, Matthew, and part of the wedding party. Deborah was the maid of honor, and Nathan was actually the best man. Unfortunately, we only got to see Uncle Daniel for about a day before he had to head back to Atlanta.
Emily actually wore her grandmother's wedding dress, which I think is really cool. They had a few things done to it in order to modernize it and fit it to her, I guess. I think it would be absolutely awesome if my wedding dress became an heirloom in my family.
Grandma and Grandpa Benesh got to have some time with Noah at the wedding, too.


Aunt Deb wasn't about to miss out.
*Uncle Andrew, even though you probably held Noah the most out of all the aunts and uncles, somehow we did not end up with a picture! How in the world did that happen?!
And on to Waco we went. After the reception, we went straight to Nathan's parents' house, outside of Waco. They have a nice farmhouse on some land, and it's always nice to go there and relax. Noah loved going outside. I think he liked all the neat things to see, along with the sun and warm breeze.

Asleep with Grandpapa

Noah's very first hot day. It was nearly 90 degrees!

Just look at that lip. It doesn't get any cuter.

Had to get some pictures with the cowboy hat. He has almost outgrown it!


This is my absolute favorite picture from the whole trip.

Riding in the car.

After our stay in Waco, my parents met us in Georgetown, where we had another short visit with Grandma Tanner.

And then we headed to Dripping Springs to see Uncle Ken and Aunt Meredith. They have the cutest parsonage with a ton of land attached, and it's that typical pretty Austin land.

Grandpa, GG, and Noah

Hey, Buddy, what's going on in that diaper?

The Williams clan.
This picture was good of everyone except Noah. Oh well! :)

Mom and Noah at dusk.


Dorian and Matt came to meet the baby.

On the way to Houston. Love that smile.

Noah got to meet Aunt Les!

Granny, Papa, GG, and Grandpa enjoyed having Noah back in Houston for a while.
Here's Granny giving Noah a bath. He sure looks content!

Mom had a gift certificate for a manicure & pedicure that she passed along to me. I got a French manicure, which I then felt conspicuous about. I mean, what do I need a French manicure for? To change diapers? Oh well--it looked pretty.
We got to go to dinner with Mark, Kim, Sarah, and Ryan.
I love this picture of Sarah and Ryan.
Noah kept smiling, but I couldn't get it on camera! That dang elusive smile!

Granny loved holding Noah, of course.
Then we headed off to Irving for the wedding and to introduce Noah to the Benesh clan. Grandma Tanner was one of the first to get to hold him.
My dad also got to hang out with us a bit at the church.
Emily, Matthew, and part of the wedding party. Deborah was the maid of honor, and Nathan was actually the best man. Unfortunately, we only got to see Uncle Daniel for about a day before he had to head back to Atlanta.
Emily actually wore her grandmother's wedding dress, which I think is really cool. They had a few things done to it in order to modernize it and fit it to her, I guess. I think it would be absolutely awesome if my wedding dress became an heirloom in my family.
Grandma and Grandpa Benesh got to have some time with Noah at the wedding, too.
Aunt Deb wasn't about to miss out.
And on to Waco we went. After the reception, we went straight to Nathan's parents' house, outside of Waco. They have a nice farmhouse on some land, and it's always nice to go there and relax. Noah loved going outside. I think he liked all the neat things to see, along with the sun and warm breeze.
Asleep with Grandpapa
Noah's very first hot day. It was nearly 90 degrees!
Just look at that lip. It doesn't get any cuter.
Had to get some pictures with the cowboy hat. He has almost outgrown it!
This is my absolute favorite picture from the whole trip.
Riding in the car.
After our stay in Waco, my parents met us in Georgetown, where we had another short visit with Grandma Tanner.
And then we headed to Dripping Springs to see Uncle Ken and Aunt Meredith. They have the cutest parsonage with a ton of land attached, and it's that typical pretty Austin land.
Grandpa, GG, and Noah
Hey, Buddy, what's going on in that diaper?
The Williams clan.
This picture was good of everyone except Noah. Oh well! :)
Mom and Noah at dusk.
Dorian and Matt came to meet the baby.
On the way to Houston. Love that smile.
Noah got to meet Aunt Les!
Granny, Papa, GG, and Grandpa enjoyed having Noah back in Houston for a while.
Here's Granny giving Noah a bath. He sure looks content!
Mom had a gift certificate for a manicure & pedicure that she passed along to me. I got a French manicure, which I then felt conspicuous about. I mean, what do I need a French manicure for? To change diapers? Oh well--it looked pretty.
We got to go to dinner with Mark, Kim, Sarah, and Ryan.
I love this picture of Sarah and Ryan.
Noah kept smiling, but I couldn't get it on camera! That dang elusive smile!
When all else fails, poke the baby.
Mark and Kim.
They're getting married on April 5! Nathan is in the wedding, but Noah and I won't be able to make it. Too bad! I am sure it will be beautiful. Mark was one of Nathan's college roommates.
Mark and Kim.
They're getting married on April 5! Nathan is in the wedding, but Noah and I won't be able to make it. Too bad! I am sure it will be beautiful. Mark was one of Nathan's college roommates.
My cousin, Julie, who is having her baby in June. She came over to meet Noah and get some baby tips. :)
We went up to First Baptist one day to meet Courtney for lunch, and I am kicking myself for not getting a picture, especially when she picked up Moriah! That little girl is the cutest, and so big!! She kept saying, "Cute baby. Cute baby." You know she's on my good side, now.
Noah and Elsa, one of my mom's friends.
We also got to see Melissa and Gabe!
Aunt Patti came over to see Noah right before we headed out on Friday.
It was such a great trip!
2 comments:
You got a good smile picture in the car seat! And I do believe I was the first to hold him :). I realized on the drive up that I forgot my camera and no one ever seemed to have one when it was just me and Noah. Ah well, there will be more opportunities if you guys come down for some time this summer. (Oh, perhaps the twins' graduation.)
-A
How is it that you were in Houston and I did not get to see you or your baby of adorableness?
Post a Comment