Friday, March 28, 2008

Various and Sundry

  • Noah has started going to sleep much more easily, which is a huge blessing. I can now usually rock him to sleep in the rocking chair in his room. Well, the other night, Nathan peeked in to check on us, because I had been in there for a while. Noah and I had been asleep together in the rocking chair for like an hour! I don't know how many people can say they have rocked themselves to sleep.
  • I was browsing on Weight Watchers' website and read that nursing women should only lose a pound a week. Otherwise it messes with your milk supply. Stink. That's about the rate at which I've been losing, but I thought it was pretty slow. I guess not.
  • Noah and I stretch exactly the same when we wake up. We did it in sync one day, and it cracked Nathan up.
  • My new favorite food is kale. I have never liked any kind of sauteed greens before, but I really like kale, sauteed with some garlic and olive oil, with some lemon juice squirted on it at the end. Mmmm. I can't figure out why my current favorite does not involve chocolate. . . .
  • I have started spring cleaning. One day it hit me how messy (and somewhat dirty) our apartment is. The slipcovers have been washed, and some filing has been done (shortening the monstrous pile that had accumulated on the desk). It's just the beginning, though, folks. I'm going to be at this for weeks. After that, I'm going to get some pictures up on these dang bare walls.
  • The messages inside of Dove chocolates are ridiculous. My personal favorite is, "When two hearts race, both win." Are you serious?!
  • I worked out for the first time the other day, and it was great! I thought I'd only make it for about 10 minutes on the elliptical machine--that's about all the stamina I credited myself with. But I went for 30 min. and could have gone longer, and I felt so good afterwards! My cheeks were rosy for the rest of the day. I just needed to get my blood pumping.

This picture is hilarious. The snapshot is of my brother, Ken, when he was a baby. We have been saying that Noah looked a lot like Uncle Ken, and now we have proof!

But if he grows up to look like Uncle Ken, that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. ;)

And my mom got a nice shot of me and Noah in Austin.
Aww.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Has anyone broken the news to you yet that your weight loss will plateau after a while? Maybe at 5 or 6 months? It will come off as soon as you wean.

Lauren said...

Oh shush. :)

Erin said...

hey lauren,

the textbook recommendation for calorie needs for nursing moms is 300-500 over what you would normally consume. So, hold tight. You're doing your body tons of good by breastfeeding and noah (as i'm sure you know), and the weight will come off with time. it's physiologically impossible to lose more than 2 pounds of fat per week anyways, so you wouldn't want to lose more than that. anyways...you look great and be patient with yourself...you're doing great!

Michelle said...

wow! for sure he looks like uncle ken!
btw...try not to get pregnant when noah is 8 months...it will for sure be hard to come off!

Anonymous said...

maybe you like kale b/c you need a lot of iron. ?