Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Prayer Request

**UPDATE** Today I am feeling much better. I have still had a very low fever from time to time, but overall I feel so much better--no more chills or aches, and I have some energy! Good thing, since I have so much to do before we fly out tomorrow. Thank you so much for all your prayers.

Hey guys,

Please pray for me. I came down with mastitis yesterday, and I feel absolutely awful. It feels like the flu, except you're not allowed to sleep more than 2 hours at a time (less if it takes a long time to put your baby to sleep, like Noah).

I got some super-antibiotics yesterday, and the doctor said I should feel much better within 24 hours, but I don't. I still have fever, chills, aches, etc.

We are flying to Texas on Thursday for Matthew's wedding, and I would really like to be 100% by then (or at least less exhausted). The upside to the trip is that there is no better place to be when you're a sick mom than the grandparents' house(s), because they can handle caring for the baby. Right now I'm overwhelmed, trying to take care of Noah and myself. Nathan took the day off yesterday to help out, and he did a great job, but now he is exhausted, too.

Thanks a bunch.

7 comments:

Stephanie Chapman said...

Awww...will definitely be praying! Antibiotics can take up to 48hrs to kick in. Don't worry, they will work! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. May God heal your body quickly and give you strength.

Anonymous said...

You should feel better SOON. And once you do, it is like night and day. I do hope it is the same for you as it was for me! Have fun in Texas. Give us a wave!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon Lauren! I can't wait to see you guys- your health and travel will be in my prayers! Love,
Deb

Amanda said...

I will certainly pray. You poor thing! You will be in good hands when you get home.

April Drolet said...

Love you...I'll be praying right away for quick healing and rest.

April Drolet said...

Hey, is today better?