Sunday, August 8, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday was a busy day for us! We had a lot of fun things going on.

Bright and early, we went to my grandfather's 85th birthday party. (8:30am is definitely "bright and early" for us, since we have to get the kids and ourselves together and drive across town, but that 80+ crowd is made up of early risers!) We invited a bunch of his friends to a breakfast buffet that is popular among them. It was really good for Papa to get out of the house, and I think everyone enjoyed the morning.

Here are Granny and Papa, enjoying breakfast and their friends and family.

Granny, Papa, Mom, and Aunt Les

An awesome picture of Noah and Spencer.

On the left is my cousin Arielle and Nathan.
On the right is my cousin Jonathan and his wife, Tara.

Here are Nathan and Jonathan doing their impression of Noah's face when I asked him to smile for a picture. Noah did this hilarious thing where he smiled out of half of his mouth.

After the birthday party, we ran a couple of errands, then I got ready for my friend's baby shower. I was excited about this shower, because I knew I'd be seeing a lot of people from high school who I haven't seen in quite a while. Here's a picture of Jenn, me, Becky, and Kristi (seated).

I saw this ridiculous limo on the freeway. Only in Texas.

Last night, we had BBQ with some friends from college. Here is Jane with Elvia.

I am an idiot and forgot to get a picture with Mark and Kim, who are moving to California pretty soon. We may not get to see them again before they go, and I am really kicking myself for not pulling the camera while they were with us. Hopefully, we'll get to see them one more time before they leave.

It was a fun, busy summer day.

2 comments:

als said...

Jane could make any dress look cute, but I'm glad that one conveniently matches her brown eyes ;) Cute!
Now tell me, what exactly is the decorating scheme at the breakfast place? I cannot figure that out at all. Am I just Texas-culture ignorant? Or is it a bit bizarre? ;)

Lauren said...

I think they were trying to achieve something decor-wise but fell a bit short!