Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, Papa!

Today is my grandfather's 85th birthday! I just wanted to wish him a happy day on such a momentous birthday.

I call my grandfather Papa, pronounced "Pawpaw." Everyone spells it with W's except for me, and the only reason I don't is that someone taught me to spell it "Papa" back when I was in kindergarten or something, and I just can't change it now. He has a blog that he puts an incredible amount of thought and effort into every day--he spends a lot of his time working on it.

The other day, we were reminiscing about how he picked me up from kindergarten every day. He remembers how my face would light up when I saw his car, and I remember that I completely wore out the motor in the electronically adjustable seats and that he had to replace it. He remembers how he used to buy me a coke sometimes on the way home, and I remember how I used to tickle him, and he'd say, in a high pitched voice, "Don't goosie the driver!"

We have a lot of good memories. Happy Birthday, Papa!

No comments: