Today I made quinoa for the first time. I just kind of made up a recipe as I went along, keeping in mind the way I usually cook grains (in broth with veggies). I bought this quinoa on the bulk foods aisle at Whole Foods, and what I now know is that it's a little more earthy and less nutty than, say, brown rice. I really liked the way this turned out.
-----
Summer Vegetable Quinoa
3/4 cup vegetable broth
3 tablespoons minced onion
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
2/3 cup quinoa
salt to taste
Bring broth, onion, zucchini, and carrot to a boil. Add the quinoa and simmer until vegetables and grains are soft, about 10-15 minutes. Add salt.
Enjoy!
2 comments:
sounds great. Thanks for making quinoa seem less intimidating.
I recently fell in love with quinoa too. I just cooked it in some chicken broth. It looks so good with all the veggies in it. I'm going to have to try that.
Post a Comment