Friday, August 20, 2010

My Little Helper

Noah is such a good helper.

Actually, let me rephrase that. Noah is such an eager helper. ;) He loves to help. Sometimes his help is a little misdirected, though. Like when he wants to help me carry Jane by grabbing her ankles as I'm holding her, which means I have to slow to a waddle while he "carries" her into another room.

But although his help is not always helpful, I do love his spirit, and I try to encourage him by always telling him what a wonderful helper he is. Plus, sometimes his endeavors give me a good laugh.

The latest thing he loves to help with is cooking. Sometime last week, I made baked potatoes, so now he associates potatoes with cooking. And since the bag of potatoes is at toddler height in the pantry, he has easy access to them. All of that comes together to produce scenarios such as the following: the other day, I turned around while cooking in the kitchen to see this.
Cracked me up. No Noah in sight; only a potato. Perfectly placed in the middle of the cutting board.

This is when I say, "Thank you, Noah. Mommy is done with the potato now. Can you put it back in the pantry? Thank you for being such a good helper!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously he wants french fries!

--Papa B

Anonymous said...

He is a good boy!
GG