Saturday, August 7, 2010

Janey's First Solid Food!

On Thursday, Jane had her first bites of solid food!

She did so great. In fact, she took to it very quickly; Noah had a hard time trying to figure out what to do with his tongue, but Jane had less trouble. Over the last few weeks, I've noticed her watching us carefully when we eat, and lately she has really started watching our meals with rapt attention. I guess doing that helped her learn how to eat!

I also think she was kind of excited about the whole thing. Boy did she go after that spoon!
As soon as I got the spoon close to her face, she leaned forward and met me halfway. I did end up cleaning a lot of rice cereal off her face, but that's to be expected, and overall she did great!

Here's her brother giving her a bite. I don't plan to allow this to be a regular thing since he came close to gagging her, but he loves helping so much (and he loves his sister so much) that I let him have a shot at it.
Our little cousin, Spencer, is in the background watching the whole thing with impish fascination.

What a neat milestone!

1 comment:

als said...

So fantastic to watch them enjoy learning to eat. Asher got SUPER picky this last month, but up til then it was pure fun!!