Courtney has been writing about beauty, and I have to say that one of the most beautiful things I've been thinking about lately is NAPS.
While I was working, I would get really tired around 2:00 or 3:00, but of course, I'd keep plugging through until I got home. Now that I can go lie down whenever I feel like it, I actually feel much better. You'd think I'd just feel more lazy or something, but I actually feel more energetic and more cheerful (because I have the energy to be cheerful).
I think I will be surprised after the baby comes as to how much pregnancy really wore me down. It's been such a gradual process that it's hard to notice when certain things are happening, like gradual swelling over time, how much more slowly I walk, how I don't get as much breath, or the vague stretch marks beginning to show on my stomach that already existed before I noticed them. All of a sudden, I'm like, "Hey! Why can't I sing through this hymn at church without getting lightheaded? Oh, I guess I can't breathe as deeply...." I think the tiredness falls into this category, too. I think I've forgotten how much energy I used to have and have become accustomed to it because it happened so slowly.
I know you're all thinking, "Yeah, girl, just wait till that kid is born. THEN let's talk about tired." :) Well, then, let me just go back to my initial statement: Naps are a beautiful thing.
Amen.
2 comments:
Naps are a thing of beauty and a joy forever.
Since I have been on vacation I have taken quite a few of them and you're right, they give so much energy for the rest of the day.
Yes, naps are a beautiful thing...but I do believe they'll be even more amazing after the baby!
Love,
April
Post a Comment