Friday, December 14, 2007

Hodgepodge, Round 2

  1. If you haven't checked out Katie's blog, you should. It will make you laugh.
  2. Has anyone noticed lately that the History Channel has turned into the science and engineering channel? Seriously, enough with the Modern Marvels.
  3. I was also disappointed to hear that the Food Channel has decided to go for a more mainstream market, getting rid of some of their more eclectic shows. (Mario Batali will no longer be on the Food Channel, for example.) I mean, Rachel Ray is okay, but I liked all their eclectic and interesting stuff. I do have to say that her Dunkin' Donuts commercials annoy me: "Their coffee is faboo! I keep a million pounds of it on hand!" They'd better keep Alton Brown.
  4. I miss Bravo. We only get random cable channels because our TV picks some random things up, like the History Channel. We will be getting cable again soon, but we haven't had it for over a year. I am really sad every time I see "Project Runway" scroll by on the TV Guide channel. Can anyone forget Wendy Pepper? And I just want you all to know that I bought a shirt at Chloe's store in Houston a couple of summers ago.
  5. I am really sleepy today. Wish it had been a snow day so I could have stayed in bed a while longer.
  6. Don't call me tomorrow, because I won't answer. Nathan and I are going to go stay at a hotel downtown for our anniversary "trip." We usually travel every year rather than give gifts, since it's so close to Christmas. (Although I'm thinking that next year's fifth anniversary might be a good time to splurge on some jewelry, hint hint.) We've been to Montreal, the White Mountains in New Hampshire, etc. But this year, we didn't think it'd be too wise for me to be far from the hospital two weeks before my due date. So we booked a night at a nice hotel downtown. I think it's really historical, but I haven't bothered to look much of that up yet. It's called the Omni Parker House. Anyway, don't call me, because hopefully I will be watching a movie and eating room service.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hi!

I think you will love the Omni. We haven't stayed at the one in Boston but we have stayed at the Omni in San Fran and it was wonderful. I love the service at the Omni. I would pick the Omni over a Ritz Carlton - Ben did a lot of traveling during MBA school. I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

PS: check out this song
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YY2EYFnuF68&feature=PlayList&p=0FB5BB9399A8AC15&index=1&playnext=2&playnext_from=PL

Katie said...

Thanks for the shout out Lauren! It is nice to know that I'm not the only one laughing :)

FitzandMolly said...

wow - staying in a hotel with Emerson & Longfellow! pretty swanky!

Anonymous said...

I need to remember to check your blog regularly. Great pics! And, I concur on the Food Network changes. I liked Mario, and Alton is really cool, and they canned Emeril. I wasn't a huge Emeril fan, but he had personality.