She has discovered the infant seat and loves to sleep there:
2. Here is a picture of the pee yellow wall color:
And here it is after it was painted blue:
3. The baby was wild when they were checking on him because they gave me some orange juice, and I had already had some sugar. So he was just downright hyper. The nurse had to actually stay in there and follow him around with the sensor because he kept moving so much (I got to hear her life story--it's funny how people get chatty sometimes and tell you all kinds of things they wouldn't just tell anyone). Then he got the hiccups, which was entertaining. So far, they think he is still head down, but he is twisting around a lot.
4. In the tour of the hospital, I found out that they only give walking epidurals, not the big time regular knock-you-out-from-the-chest-down kind (not that you can actually "walk" with a walking epidural, because your legs are jelly, but it's less strong, the idea being that you'll have a little more sensation so you can push more effectively). Now, I intend to go as far as I can before getting an epidural so I can move around and help labor progress, but I definitely want to be all hooked up by the time I hit 8cm or so. The nurse who gave the tour said patients definitely consider the walking epidural sufficient pain relief. If you've had one, let me know what you thought of it.
5. Nathan and I have been BUSY. We had something almost every night last week, and I had this long list of things I wanted to get accomplished this weekend. Between preparing for the baby and getting everything done for Christmas, it's a long list! But I was just dead tired. I think this being 8 months pregnant thing is catching up with me. I took long naps both Saturday and Sunday, which I just didn't expect.
1 comment:
yes, yes, yes - you want to have some sensation so that you can push. you need to be able to feel what you're doing. my epidural was enough to where i felt a great deal of pressure, but it wasn't excruciating pain by any means. i had mine at 8 cm, and i was fine.
on a different note, the chamber music i was listening to the other night came through on our xm stations that we get through our sattelite tv service. unfortunately, i was paying attention to my tree decorating, and not to the cd title. all i know is that it was beautiful, and it made a quiet moment alone for myself into a glorious moment!
and i still intend to call you one of these days...
Post a Comment