Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Nursery Ideas

So I've decided what I want as a theme for the baby's room--cowboys if it's a boy, and an English garden if it's a girl. Yay! Now we just have to find out what the sex is. That kid better cooperate when we have our ultrasound in two weeks. I REALLY want to know.


I really like the cowboy idea. I think it will be a total novelty up here in Boston, and the truth is you just can't take the Texas out of us. And, to my delight, we found the absolute cutest cowboy outfit at Babies R Us when we went there this weekend, complete with hat and boots! In fact, I've been seeing kind of a lot of cowboy baby items lately. This makes me happy.


Of course, I really like the English garden idea, too. I think it'd be really sweet and pretty. I've asked my mom to paint the baby's room. She has been taking art lessons, and she likes to draw, so she's going to do a mural having to do with either theme. Yay!


But the hitch that's been thrown into my theme ideas is bedding. I just could not find bedding that I liked at either place I'd register (Target & Babies R Us). This weekend, I had resigned myself to the fact that I might just have to get solid colors that match the mural and let the wall be the main source of art/decor in the room. But then I followed a link from Amanda Jones' blog and found THE bedding sets! This is it, folks! Normally, this is not something I'd write a blog post about, but I just cannot get over how much I love both of these sets. The downside is they're ridiculously expensive. But we'll see . . . they may just be too cute to pass up.


For the Cowboy room:
For the English garden room:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the themes, I love the bedding, I love it all!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Cute bedding! Lovely taste :)

Deb

Steve, Tracy, Wesley & Reeve said...

Both are adorable! I had seen that pink ivy bedding before and loved it! This kid is going to have one rockin' room!

Amanda said...

I love them both! Splurging on the bedding, in my opinion, is totally worth it! I was in Baby Bliss the other day and saw the pink version of the cowboy one. It was super cute. There is a pink and brown one with writing on it that I'm in love with, but I will probably never get to do a pink room!