Thursday, August 23, 2007

Crazy Boston Weather

So the past three days have been borderline chilly in Boston. Yes, I did say "chilly." We have gotten a random cold snap that has made our mornings in the high 50's and low 60's, and the highs have only gotten up to around 70. In August.

You Texans may emit a moan of jealousy at this point.

But this is a little weird. Last night, I saw a girl wearing a scarf--a scarf! Did I mention that it is August?

However, tomorrow it is supposed to be 90 and humid again. We are headed back to the realm of normal, although I cannot say I prefer humid 90-degree days to crisp, 70-degree days. I mean, it has almost felt like fall, my favorite season. But there is definitely something oddly unseasonable and out of place when the temp is nowhere near where it ought to be (hmm, which I guess is kind of like Christmas in Houston when it's 80 degrees out).

5 comments:

Jeremy Gore said...

Tell me about it!

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

That is awesome! My mom would be so jealous! She has always been misplaced on the map when it comes to weather. She loves being cold!

FitzandMolly said...

Shut. Up.

---- said...

Listen. Sister. Some of miss the SEASONS. Everytime I see a coat, I shed a tear. I wasn't made for Texas weather.

Kay Altic said...

Lauren..Congradulations on having a sweet baby boy..boys are so fun...strong, love their mommies, and just killer smiles...when are you due?...It was great to hear from you and I hope you are doing well..sounds like it with your fun cold front blowing in...