**UPDATE: Mom said her fellow teachers think "Bling" fits her. (If that doesn't tell you something about her personality, . . . ) So add that to the list.**
How many grandmother names can you think of? Because my mom's got you beat.
She is trying to think of what she wants to be called, and throughout the whole process, she has come up with about 40 names, some of which are major hum-dingers. About 3 times a week I get a phone call or an email with a new name suggestion. Here are a few (and no, I am not making these up):
- Granny
- Ma
- Sandra Dee
- Meemee
- KK
- DeeDee
- Gigi (for Glamorous Grandma)
- Mother Goose
- Wonder Woman
- Buddy
- Lola
This keeps me entertained. And a little worried. But that's okay, because I am sure she will settle on something somewhat normal--right Mom??? :)
So let's help Mom out. We're having a little contest!
Post a comment with your favorite grandmother names. Or maybe just list all the ones you can think of. Then Mom can go through your comments and see if one of them strikes her fancy. I'll let you all know which one(s) she likes best!
11 comments:
Marmy?
-Deb
Marmy is cute! I like that!!
Lauren's Mom
I think that's from Little Women, right?
Mother Goose? Wow. LOL. Have you heard of Gransy? We are waiting to see what Jackson is going to call my mom. I'm thinking it won't be too much longer!
My favorite is Gigi. It just fits mom the best.
Mur Mur. That's what my cousin called her grandmother. We called her Grandma Real (pronounced REE-all). Papa Real was called "Far Far." My dad told me he would highly object to being called Far Far. My mother suggested "Your Royal Highness," but Moriah seems to call her other indiscernable words.
We call my mom's mom Grandmommy. My dad's mom is just regular Grandma.
I like Marmy too! It's so literary.
Katie
Ours are Grandma and Mom Mom. You add a mom for each generation. So Dave's grandma was Mom Mom Mom.
I like Gigi too! It's sassy!
Yup! Marmy is from Little Women :) Also, Mar-mar is from Rose in Bloom (also by Louisa May Alcott)
-Deb
In my family we have a grandmom, grammy, nana, meemaw (sp?), grandma. And for the men, we have Dah (my cousin picked this when she first started to speak), Daddy-o, Daddy Red, Daddoo, Pepaw (again sp?), and pop-pop.
My mother-in-law reserved being called grammy before any of her kids were even thinking about having kids. All spouse's moms were to reserve that one for her.
Good luck. (I like Marmy too)
It's a toss between Marmy and Mother Goose! You'll have to let us know which name wins!
Julie
Post a Comment