Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Back to It
So I've taken a hiatus from posting about food and recipes ever since Jane was born. This is, of course, due to the fact that I am not thinking about food and recipes! Part of the reason for this is that we had parents with us for a while who took care of the food, and then many dear friends brought dinners over for us until Jane was over a month old (and if you are blessed enough to be the recipient of either or both of those situations, you are blessed indeed!). But since the meals have stopped coming to my front door, I still haven't cooked a whole lot, and what I have cooked has certainly not been inspired. It's more like, "Oh, this frozen thing looks like it'd be easy," or "I'll just make the spaghetti I've made a hundred times." But I'm starting to get back into my regular cooking routine . . . on some days, anyway. For example, I'm cooking a bunch of chicken breasts in the crock pot today, because I have a few recipes for this week that call for cooked chicken. Among them are: Chicken Crescent Rolls and Orange-Scented Couscous (which we're having today as a cool salad because it's been pretty hot in my house since we have no air conditioning). I seem to be on track this week, but I really don't have high hopes that I'll be doing a bunch of inspired cooking for the next little while until we get more of a rhythm at home. The period of the day that starts when the kids wake up from naps until after dinner is a pretty chaotic time most days, so I think that expecting myself to churn out awesome meals all the time is a bit much. But I think that with a little planning, we can eat better than frozen meals and spaghetti . . . most of the time. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment