Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Various and Sundry

  • I had a professor in college who used the phrase "various and sundry" a whole lot. Like, I'd say at least once a week. And when you consider that you are only in class for three hours a week, I guess that means he used it at least once every three hours. It just means various and . . . various. Which is going to be the character of this post.
  • There are several things in my house that I'm looking forward to throwing away when we move. 1.) The diaper pail. It might kinda sorta stink like a landfill. 2.) The dish rack. Hallelujah for dishwashers. 3.) The bathroom rugs. They need to be replaced, anyway. And so on.
  • I cannot tell you how thankful I am that Nathan's company is covering the cost of movers and packers. If I had to pack up our apartment right now, I'd be so stressed out. Even without Jane, it would be a lot of work, but with a toddler and a new baby, it'd be even more of a stressor. I'm thankful that all I have to do is some organizing.
  • It seems really odd that we're moving halfway across the country in like two weeks. It does not seem real.
  • In addition to dairy products, it looks like Jane's tummy is also bothered by chocolate. Oh no!
  • I told Nathan recently that you know you had a really fatiguing pregnancy when you are actually less tired during the first two months of your baby's life. He responded that towards the end, he actually thought we might not be having any more kids after this pregnancy. What?! I thought I did pretty well, considering! Wow!
  • Noah is really into bugs right now. He loves to look under rocks every time we go outside to see if he can find ants or beetles. Tonight he was devastated that he dropped a roly poly and couldn't find it again. One day, as we were getting out of the car at a friend's house, I heard him in their yard saying, in the most friendly, inviting voice, "Hi, bee!" I just figured he was talking to something that maybe looked like a bee, but lo and behold, I went and checked it out, and there was a giant bumblebee that he was trying to catch with his hand. Good thing I checked on the situation before he got stung! He still has yet to learn that some bugs are not as friendly as he is.
  • We are also going to have to find a good preschool for Noah this fall. He really needs the social outlet. He truly loves people and loves to talk about his friends. In fact, he uses the word "friends" all the time. On days when we have play dates, it's fun to tell him, "Noah, we're going to play with your friends today!" His response is usually, "Friends!!!!!" One day, out of the blue, I guess he got kind of bored with his toys and came up to me and said, "Friends? Friends, Mommy?" As if to say, "Can we go see some friends?" It's so sweet. Though I will say that it breaks my heart when he is on our front porch and yells, "HI FRIENDS!" to the neighborhood kids who then totally ignore him.
  • Noah is also really into Berenstain Bears. He loves those books, and I ordered a bunch for him recently. They came in a box yesterday, and I told him that Mommy got him a surprise that we'd open after dinner. He was pretty darn pleased with those books, and the best part was that today he said to me, "'Prise, Mommy. Thank you, Mommy." He can be so sweet sometimes. Love that kid.

3 comments:

april said...

I had a professor who used the phrase "any rate" approximately 13 times in each class. Not "anyway" or "at any rate" ... he used a nonsensical crap phrase constantly and I really wanted to commit homicide because of it.

Not that this has anything to do with your post, but you mentioned your professor and something in me snapped. I must have been holding that in for the past 8 years or something. Good luck with the move! :)

Sabrina said...

Emerson loves the "Steen Bears" too. Luckily I have ALL of the older books from my childhood. She has also caught the cartoon on Sprout a couple of times and loves it as well.

SO AWESOME that you get packers and movers. That is a huge blessing! Definitely enjoy it!

Joy, Peace and Love said...

My mental pause when I am teaching is "Okay..." I'm trying to break the habit. It's like, "Okay, it is time to clean up." What's up with thet "Okay"???? It weirds me out. Now I know there is a Lauren or an April sitting in my class getting more and more annoyed with my "Okays."
signed,
trying harder today-mom
Oh, okay, oops, there is NO DOUBT that my grandson is the sweetest little boy around!!! GG loves you, Noah!