Thursday, May 20, 2010

Yesterday

Because my mom has been on me for pictures of the kiddos, I made it a point to take some yesterday. Here you go, Mom.

Here is Janey, after her bath.
Cutie pie.

She loves to suck on her fists. In fact, lately we've been hearing her slurping from a couple of rooms away!

On the way to Nathan's advisor's house for dinner, Noah was in a pretty foul two-year-old mood. This is the look he was giving me.

So I decided to play a game with him. I started taking pictures of him and showing them to him on the camera. He thought it was fun to see all the faces he could make. This is what he did when I asked him to smile.

Then I asked him to make a funny face.

Then I got the sweetest smile from Jane.

Which was in dramatic contrast to this face.

Trying to get the game going again, I suggested he stick his tongue out.

Then I asked him to show me a happy face.

Luckily, the game sort of worked. He cheered up a little.

And here is Nathan with his "Dr. Nathan" cake at the dinner in his honor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are pretty dang cute. And yay for Dr. Nathan! :D

Deb

Anonymous said...

Now I've had my fix. Those are my precious babies!!! 8 more days!!! Can't wait :)
love mom

Anonymous said...

My loveboats. 8 more days! Thanks for the pictures!!!
love,
mom

Valerie said...

SUCH cuties!

And the "camera face game" is highly effective during these years. We use it and different manifestations in my preschool room. We also like to take pictures of the kids when they're giving nasty faces and show them to them so they know how ridiculous they look. I mean, we don't say it that way. But, we'll take a picture of them doing a mean face, and they'll see it and be horrified, laugh, and then hug at the friend they were giving the mean face. Sometimes they really don't know what they look like... Of course, sometimes they do, but...

Emily Benesh said...

Dr. Nathan?? That reminds me of that bit in Sleepless in Seattle when Tom Hanks asks if he should call her Marsha or Dr. Fieldstone, and she replies, "Dr. Marsha." Please Nathan, don't start any radio talk shows.