Jane Elisabeth is two months old today! She had her checkup, and all is well. Here are her new stats:
Weight: 12 lbs., .5 oz. - 77th percentile
Height: 24.75 inches - 98.5th percentile (!)
The only health issue we've had is a small one (though I warn you, this is not for the squeamish non-parents out there): green poop. I mean, it's so green at times that it deserves two syllables: greee-een. Unfortunately, Jane is allergic to milk proteins, like her brother was as a small baby. It just means that, as of about a week ago, I have had to give up dairy products, and I do really miss my milk and yogurt. But at least this means that Jane won't have an upset tummy, and the doctor said they generally outgrow it by about four months old, so we don't have that far to go.
She did have to have two shots today, and the poor girl didn't know what hit her. She was just so surprised when she got stuck the first time that the shock of it was almost more pitiable than the pain. As soon as I picked her up, though, she stopped crying. (Wow! I didn't have that power with Noah!)
Anyway, Jane is healthy and strong. She's looking good!
1 comment:
Oh dern! Well you are a sweet mama to give up dairy for a few months.
Post a Comment