Monday, May 31, 2010

Stream of Consciousness Review of Lauren's First Days in Houston

Hot.
Flat.
Mosquitoes!
Lots of concrete here.
Miss my cute Victorian house.
Oh my gosh, it's hot.
Don't have clothes cool enough for this climate.
Have to drive so far for everything!
Reverse culture shock = a little deflated.
Neat to see Noah's grandparents love him so much.
Neat to see Noah loves his grandparents so much.
The grass is really green.
It's nice to sit outside in the evening, even in the humidity.
The wind in the trees is nice.
Can't wait to have my own grill.
It'll be fun to be grown-ups now.
Did someone mention a Texas-shaped waffle iron? I really want one of those.

2 comments:

Jeremy Gore said...

Seriously! I totally understand. Going back to Texas would take some getting used to (not to mention Krista)!

Andrew said...

Thanks for the reminder: http://www.amazon.com/The-Texas-Waffle-Maker-7707/dp/B0012A8AWW

Funny, I got the "lots of concrete" feeling in the Northeast. Granted it was probably largely to do with NYC. I wonder if it's more because of the increased driving times and you're seeing more of the concrete.