Sunday, August 16, 2009

New Noah Stuff

Noah said three new words today--this is a big deal for two reasons. First, he doesn't say many new words. He sticks to the ones he's got. For example, he can get pretty far with "No" and "Wow." Usually, when we ask him to repeat a new word, he just smirks at us, like, "Whatever. I don't have to do it." So for him to even attempt a new word is kind of unusual right now. Secondly, the three new words he said today were all two-syllable words. Yay Noah! They were: breakfast, vitamins ("vi-mih"), and yummy. We noticed that they all had to do with something that tastes good. Ha!

A few days ago, we had a get together at our house for two couples who are leaving Boston: the Walters are moving to The Netherlands for a job, and the Williamses are moving home to Australia. Seriously, after living in Boston for five years, we now have friends all over the country and all over the world, which is pretty darn cool. Anyway, there were some little kids who were at the party, and near the end of the evening, when it was nearly two hours past Noah's bedtime, he and Hannah were dancing away to one of Noah's music CD's. It was so darn cute. Hannah's dad, Jason, took a video. I apologize in advance for my son's bad dancing. He used to have more rhythm; we don't know where it went. Noah's laugh at the end is probably my favorite part:

5 comments:

Andrew said...

Vitamins are yummy? You must have the Flinstones Kids variety. The laugh is great, but the dancing looks more like jumping, at least on Noah's part.

Matthew said...

I've seen plenty of dancing that looks like that.

Cute kid =)

FitzandMolly said...

he just needs the "white man overbite" and he's got it down.

nathan said...

Courtney, I've never heard it called that before (or even referred to at all, really), but I immediately knew what you were talking about. =)

How else is a guy gonna' let his lady know that he's serious about his dancing!?

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! I can't wait to hear it with sound! My computer at home is too old to even show the video and this computer at school has no sound-waiting on the technology team.
I think Noah is very talented! He gets his vibes from his GG!
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxox