Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wild Child

My son is a wild child.

Noah is really active, but I just figured all kids are as active as he is. Apparently not.

Exhibit A: For the past two weeks, we've gone to our town's library to participate in their story time and sing along. About twenty pairs of moms and small children show up. We all sit in a circle and either listen to a story or sing a song. And of all those kids, my child is the only one who is doing his darndest to get the heck out of his mother's lap. All the other kids sit contentedly, being entertained by the person leading the group. Noah, however, squirms and twists and wiggles, trying to get down so he can run around and get a closer look at everything. Both times, the teacher has leaned over to me and said, "It's okay; you can let him go."

Exhibit B: When I picked him up from the nursery at Mom to Mom today, the ladies said, "I bet he can't wait until spring comes so he can run around outside!" Apparently all he did today (and this is true of most days) is just run around. He generally just runs from one thing to the next or makes circles around the room. Apparently none of the other kids do that.

My mom told me that my brother, Ken, was the exact same way, and Nathan's mom said that he was the most active of all her kids. So I guess it's genetic!

And just for a good laugh, here he is, eating pasta:

3 comments:

Becky said...

Noah is precious, I love the video of him eating :) I hear you on the Wild Child comment! My boys are not what I would call "library friendly". Neither of them sit in my lap like the other kids. I used to leave the library crying and saying I will never bring them back. But, they really do love going. So, I've adjusted my mindset and expectations a little bit and, now I just tally how many dirty looks I get from the librarians. My active little boys still love reading and I want to keep up their love for reading, even if they don't sit still through the whole story. Look at how well Nathan and Ken turned out, Noah will too!

Anonymous said...

Noah is just curious with a zest for life like his dad and Uncle Ken!
Noah,
GG is coming to see you as soon as she can and she is going to fill up on kisses and bring some back in her purse!
GG loves Noah!

Andrew said...

pretty good set of teeth he's got going there! Wouldn't it be fun to eat like that for a day :).