- I hate losing weight. Well, correction: I love losing weight. I just hate the process. I still have the same 10 lbs. to lose that I had at Thanksgiving. I mean, I had lost 20 lbs. by then, and somehow this last 10 is just really stubborn. I am getting really tired of holding out on buying clothes because I want to buy the next size down. I'm tired of the clothes I have not looking quite right because the baby weight settled mostly around my waist. Yet I just can't seem to do the things that will make me lose the weight (i.e. make better food choices). I am working out twice a week, which is a big deal for me, since it is always really hard for me to get started going to the gym. So gold star there, Lauren. But my love of carbs and dessert is sabotaging me big time. I just had to share this to get it off my chest. I don't think I've lamented about any body issue things since I was pregnant, so there you go.
- A money-saving success story: I use coupons at the grocery store, and I generally save 20-30% every time I go. Well, this week, there must have been a perfect storm in Coupon Land, because I got three boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats plus a gallon of milk for $3. I had two catalina coupons for $1.50 off a box of cereal (catalina coupons are the kind that get printed at the store, along with your receipt), the cereal was on sale for 3/$6, and I got a deal where when I bought three boxes of cereal, I got a free gallon of milk. So I paid $3 instead of the $16 I would have paid if everything had been at full price. It's not just the saving $13 part that is exciting to me; it almost feels like I won a game or something. I think coupons must bring out my competitive spirit or something.
- Is this not an awesome crocheted blanket? It's just one giant granny square. I would use different colors, but I thought the idea was cool:
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
This and That
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Lauren!
So where do you get all these great coupons? I want to use more coupons but I don't get the newspaper.
Post a Comment