From a good opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal about Obama's economic policies:
"Unfortunately, our history suggests new government programs, however noble the intent, more often wind up delivering less, more slowly, at far higher cost than projected, with potentially damaging unintended consequences. The most recent case, of course, was the government's [Clinton administration's] meddling in the housing market to bring home ownership to low-income families, which became a prime cause of the current economic and financial disaster."
I just thought that first sentence really just says it in a nutshell.
3 comments:
I thought about you the other day...Eric and I went to see Clay Walker at the rodeo...made me think of our "college day" with Lori to Sam Houston State!
Despair.com's "Government" poster says it all: If you think our problems are bad, just wait until you see our solutions.
and if you think that was a soapbox, wait 'til you read this:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/knox.asp
Post a Comment