Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Stuff

  • I have been going to the gym a couple of times a week, and I am actually starting to really enjoy it. It was super hard to make myself go the first few times, though.
  • Noah is officially weaned. I vacillate between being happy and a little sad about this.
  • Weaning Noah means I can finally whiten my teeth. I usually do this once a year, but it's been postponed for a while, because I didn't want to put anything weird into my body while I was pregnant or nursing. So now I can have whitened teeth again. No one notices but me, probably, but still.
  • The weather was very spring-like here this weekend. It actually hit 60 degrees! It made me look forward to spring so much. One of the best parts of the weekend was when I just stood in front of one of my kitchen windows for a few minutes with my eyes closed, soaking in that sensation you have when the sun is on you and your skin warms up deliciously. Like being in a warm car with the sun on you. Or lying on the beach. It's that feeling that the sun is permeating you. Is anyone getting me here? Am I making sense? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Anybody? Anyway, it was nice. And then it snowed on Monday.
  • I am beginning to like the library, despite the fact that I usually like to buy books rather than borrow them. I think the reason I like it is because I can test drive a book before I commit it to my bookshelf. I mean, what if my book club picks a book I hate? This way, if I don't like the book, I can just say goodbye forever. And if I like it, well, amazon.com is my friend.
  • Nathan is probably going to be finishing up his Ph.D. this fall. This means we are nearing the end of our time in Boston (*tear*) and starting to think about a move, probably to Texas. This, in turn, means I am again obsessed with har.com.
  • Speaking of weaning, I need to wean myself from political talk for a while. Everything that is going on is just making me so mad.
  • It's time for bed.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah! Move to my neighborhood!

Becky said...

Yes, I hope you move back to Texas - so fun!

Matthew said...

I have to agree with you on the political talk. Being in Cambridge, I've made it a point to check the US news regularly, but it's all either a) depressing or b) irritating. Maybe I should take a break from it for awhile...

The Synnott's said...

back to h-town? i think houston would be perfect! :-)