A few little things about Noah:
A couple of weeks ago, I picked him up from the nursery at my mom's group, and one of the ladies said, "He was a little thief today!" Turns out, when they were giving the kids their snacks, Noah just went from tray to tray, stealing other kids' Cheerios and whatnot. That boy does love to eat.
Last week, when I picked him up, the lady said, "Bye bye, Noah the Explorer" (which actually kind of rhymed, with her Boston accent--Bostonians often misplace their R's.) Boy, was she right. He LOVES to explore. He hates to be penned in, and now that he is getting good at walking, he loves to just meander around our apartment and see what he can see.
He loves grapefruit. What kid likes grapefruit? I mean, it's sour! Personally, I love it, but I doubt I loved it when I was a year old. Nathan and I were eating a grapefruit the other day, and he was looking at us, just begging for some. So we gave him a little bit, fully expecting that he would make a sour face and refuse more. But no, he loved it.
Then, later that night, we gave him a piece of chocolate cake. And he didn't like it at all. In fact, after one tiny bite, he refused to eat any more. Now, I do have to say that this particular chocolate cake was a disappointment (especially since it was at one of our favorite restaurants), but still! He loves grapefruit but doesn't like chocolate?!
He got hurt three days in a row, poor kid. Does this happen to every kid once they start getting good at walking? Please tell me it does. Day 1 he busted his lip by falling face first into his high chair (he likes to push it and roll it around the kitchen). Day 2 he put his fingers into a door I was just shutting, and I totally smashed them. :( Day 3 he fell face first into an end table in the living room and hit the bone above his eye, which resulted in a bruise and a bump. Poor baby.
4 comments:
yes, every kid gets bumps and bruises when they start walking. moriah was walking with a sippy cup, fell on it, and would you believe it put a gash in her eyelid right below her brow? i felt so bad - it was the first time she had ever bled from anything, and i thought i would die.
I have never seen a baby crawl as fast as Noah heading for the next thing that catches his eye-plugs, lamps, computers, wheels, buttons...
He is as fast as LIGHTNING!
You are going to have a time keeping up with him.
Just bring him to GG when you get tired. :)
If Nathan didn't have multiple scabs, bruises, or teeth knocked out (or was knocking others' teeth out) then you knew something was wrong. So, Noah's par for the course :).
Poor baby, yes they do all get banged up. Part of growing up, I guess! I love grapefruit too but probably unusual for a little guy. I eat about 2 day!
Post a Comment