Friday, August 15, 2008

Worm Eggs?

My son ate dirt for the first time yesterday.

My reaction: Ha!
Nathan's reaction: Ha!
Granny's reaction: Ha!
My dad's reaction: Ha!
My mom's reaction: He ate worm eggs.

I was working in Kendra & Caleb's garden, and I took Noah with me. When I go, I set his Bumbo on the ground for him to sit in while I water and pick veggies. In the past, he's reached over the side of his seat to play in the dirt, but he's never tried to get it to his mouth before. Well, yesterday, after I finished picking gigantic zucchini and looking for varmint-eaten tomatoes, I walked back over to Noah, and he had a nice little line of drooly dirt under his bottom lip. Funny kid. I wasn't freaked out or anything--I know all kids eat dirt (and apparently worm eggs). I just really wish I had had my camera with me! That line of mud under his lip was funny!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

2 suggestions...
Don't make dirt pie until he's a bit older, or he'll get more ideas :).

Don't make Christmas ornaments out of cookies and put them on the tree. He will pull it down, trust me.