Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Have a New Obsession

I have a new and ridiculous obsession with . . .

FABRIC.


Oh yes. It is wonderful stuff. Just check out some of my new favorite fabric designers:


Amy Butler

Joel Dewberry

Anna Maria Horner
And last, but not least:
Heather Bailey

I'm trying really hard not to just leap and buy all the stuff I get inspired by and fall in love with, because then I'll end up with a stash of fabric I never get to. I have a tendency to do that with yarn, too. What I learned is that I need to have a project in mind first. So I'm holding myself back.

One of these days I'm going to have a little girl so I can make her all kinds of girly dresses and quilts and curtains. I love all the floral, girly fabrics.

I think I'm going to make Noah a quilt, but I haven't gotten far enough to pick out fabrics yet. I think I may take a quilting class from a store near me this fall. You know, so I actually know what I'm doing....

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I have the second row/third fabric from Amy Butler. It's going to be the gorgeous huge border of a quilt I'm actually making for myself. Cannot wait to see how it all comes together.

And it's perfectly natural to be obsessed with fabric. Really. I promise.

MB said...

You need to get the new Amy Butler book Little Stitches! I just bought it and there are PLENTY of projects in there to give you excuses to buy some of your fav fabric!!!

Sabrina said...

Tell me about it! I am newly obsessed with fabric too!! It is ridiculous. I think I have already spent a small fortune on it. As for a cutting a straight line, I was not doing so good until I got a cutting mat and rotary cutter. I got them at Joanns and waited until I had a weekly 40% off coupon because they are not cheap. Ever since, it has been great. I lay the fabric on the cutting board, take a see through ruler and place in on top of the fabric at the point where I want to cut. Then I use the rotary cutter along the edge of the clear ruler to make a straight line...make sense? Cutting fabric is harder than it looks! -Sabrina

---- said...

now you realize why i have so much unused fabric!!! i see all of this great stuff... i'm officially nuts over it.

ken... he doesn't understand.