Monday, August 25, 2008

How to Booze Up Your Baby

  1. Put organic pear juice in his sippy cup.
  2. Let the cup sit, in or out of the refrigerator, for a day or two.
  3. Give your baby some juice and wonder why in the world he is making such a face of disgust.
This has happened not once, but at least three times. It took me a while to figure out why the pear juice suddenly didn't taste good to him after a couple of days (he doesn't drink much, so it takes him a couple of days to empty his sippy cup). Then, this weekend, I pulled the cap off of the cup and smelled the unmistakable scent of fermentation. I suddenly realized what had been happening--that organic pear juice with no preservatives was fermenting! Poor Noah. It's not like he got more than about half of a sip at a time, because he'd refuse to drink it, and I'd pour it out and get him fresh juice or water. So I didn't actually booze up my baby. But I did inadvertently try!

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

it's your mommy brain. don't worry. after 2 & 1/2 years, i still have mine.