Michelle tagged me for a meme. Doesn't it just make your day to be tagged? It's like, "Oh, someone remembered me and thinks I'm interesting." Thanks, Michelle!
And now you all get to read some things that may or may not be of interest:
The Rules:
Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
Tag 7 people.
Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I am going to follow Michelle's lead and talk about the same topics, more or less.
My Seven Things:
1. Important things I've learned from my friends:
- Nathan: humility; how to loosen up sometimes
- Sarah F.: generosity
- April: joy
2. My favorite TV shows by category:
Comedy: The Office. I also like Chuck.
Morning Show: Today and Martha Stewart (sometimes Martha can be boring or a little too into herself, though).
Drama: Lost.
Reality: Currently, My Big Redneck Wedding. You have to watch it just for the commentary. The best comment thus far was when a couple rode their horses to the local convenience store. The host (Tom Arnold), said, "Take THAT, Al Gore!" Too funny.
Guilty Pleasure: America's Next Top Model. Nathan can't stand it. :)
And I have one word to say about Game Shows: I hate shows like Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader and Deal or No Deal because first of all, the content is pretty bland, and secondly, they do in 15 minutes what I could do in 3. They are so dragged out that I get really bored.
3. My latest purchases on iTunes: Wow, I haven't bought anything on iTunes in forever. I think the last thing was Lazlo's "Open" (the lead singer is a friend--I would recommend them. I think they might have won Houston's battle of the bands at some point). I think I also bought some Christmas music around the holidays (classical--Biebl's Ave Maria, Mendelssohn, etc.). Nathan and I actually tried to find the song from the credits in "Stardust," which is called "Rule the World," but apparently it's only available in the UK.
*Update* I went back and downloaded a bunch of fun show tunes to burn a CD for Noah and me to listen to. Yay! I got some songs from "Enchanted" and a lot of Julie Andrews' stuff. Then I got inspired to watch "The Sound of Music" and didn't go to bed until 2am because I got sucked in.
4. Foods I really hate: canned asparagus, sauteed spinach, sauerkraut. I'm not crazy about black-eyed peas, either. My mom always tries to get me to eat sauerkraut and black-eyed peas on New Year's Day, and I always take like two bites and call it a day. :)
5. I was choir president in high school. This was not an uncool thing, since our choir was really good and had won the same private school state competition like 15 years in a row by the time I got there. I also took voice lessons and thought I'd be a vocal performance major for quite a while. I competed in vocal competitions each year, the most notable being TMEA (the big one in Texas, and the most competitive--thousands of students audition). I was ranked highly through all the advancing levels my senior year but actually missed making the all-state choir as a Soprano II by like three seats. I think I was ranked eighth, and you had to be in the top five. The sight-reading was a new thing that year, and it killed my score, I think. I was exposed to some amazing music and some fantastic musicians, though. Those years were quite an experience. Singing was my favorite thing about high school.
6. I've never had braces but probably could have used them. Maybe someday I'll do invisalign or something. I'm not too concerned about it. I do whiten my teeth about once a year, though. And one day I'd like to get lasik surgery. I'm extremely nearsighted.
7. I was painfully shy growing up. The best advice I ever got about this was from my mom, who told me this while in middle school: "Stop worrying. What makes you think they're looking at you, anyway?" Sounds harsh, but it really helped! I mean, the typical, "Everyone else feels exactly the same way" thing didn't work for me. No way cute Jennifer Todoroff felt as awkward as I did (hi Jenn!). But after my mom said that, it struck me that maybe she was right. Maybe I was way more worried about the way I looked (or walked or talked or dressed or . . .) than anyone else was. The experience that really made me come out of my shell was college. I can still be a little reserved sometimes, but overall, I'm much more friendly and outgoing than I used to be.
---
I am going to break the rules and not tag people for this, simply because I just tagged people for one about a month ago, and I only have so many blogging friends. Don't want to wear them out! But if you want to do this meme, go for it. Just leave a comment and let us know.
3 comments:
I think Nathan taught you how to loosen up about the same time he learned :).
You were shy growing up? I wouldn't have necessarily figured that. Introverted, yes.
-A
Lauren was very independent. She was respected by friends but thought to be MUCH too studious and serious for many of the other kids her age. (Actually, Lauren was born 30 years old.) Lauren didn't participate in sports, either, until I MADE her join the volleyball team and during preseason practice she stepped on a rolling volleyball and broke her arm.
She became the team manager.
Singing-oh yes! Pie Jesu-my favorite! I loved hearing Lauren harmonizing with Sarah when they sang at the coffee house at Rice. WOW! I miss your singing, Lauren.
The best 50th birthday present I received, other than my daughter planning from Boston, flying to Houston and hosting a surprise party for me, was when Sarah and Lauren sang together as per my request during the party. Sweet Memories.
signed,
a very proud, but not domestic, mother!
PS Did you know Lauren took clarinet lessons?
thanks so much for commenting on my blog! what fun, Lauren! I love your mom's comment - it's so nicely. . ."mom". Happy Day!
Post a Comment