Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Doofus

Three stories about how I can be a doofus sometimes:

1. I am jealous of Amanda because she gets to go to work one day a week. Not because she is working, but because she probably gets to wear cute office clothes. And when I had lunch with Courtney, she had cute office clothes on, too. I realized I no longer have an excuse to buy them.

2. Yesterday, as I was in the kitchen mopping (more on that below), I heard a thud, followed by Noah's crying. You better believe I dropped that mop and went running into the other room. I discovered that Noah had squirmed his way out of his bouncy chair onto the floor. That kid has recently discovered how to move (vigorously) his legs and torso. He is super squirmy sometimes and squirmed his way downward until he just slipped out onto the floor. He was fine, but it gave me a bit of a scare. He's definitely going to be buckled into that thing from now on.

3. So I have a confession: I've never mopped before yesterday. Now, I am not saying I've never cleaned my floors. I've just never mopped. I've always Swiffered. I guess I always figured it was just easier and, well, less wet. But I am all into spring cleaning mode, and I thought a mop would clean certain areas better. So I bought a mop, a bucket, and some cleaner, and I went to town on my bathroom and kitchen floors. However, in my mop naivete, I didn't wring the mop out after dipping it into the bucket every time. So I ended up with floors covered--covered--with suds. At the time, I was thinking, "Oh, my floors will be so clean!" Until I finished scrubbing and looked over my soapy, watery (but clean) kitchen floor. Then I was thinking, "Okay, . . . what now? What do people do now? I think maybe I did something wrong. . . ." I called my dad to find out, and he just laughed at me. Per his suggestion, I ended up mopping up the suds with nearly an entire roll of paper towels, then using a clean, non-soapy mop (wrung out, of course), to de-soap the floor. After I told Nathan what happened, he told me I had no choice but to blog about this fiasco so you could all see what a doofus I am sometimes. Like you didn't know.

:)

5 comments:

Nancy Mon said...

Well, I still think you are smart. I have done the mop and suds thing... That is why I stay out of the kitchen because it is where most accidents happen in the home.

You were at HFBC and didn't drop in my office? Pooh, oh well, maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you call your mom to ask about your soapy floor?
I guess it is because you knew it would do no good. You were smart to bypass mom since your sweet dad has always done the mopping! :)
Love,
Your Domestic Mom

Michelle said...

I was just in "the limited" thinking the same thing...there were so many cute clothes..

check out my blog...tag you are it!

Jenny said...

And it is for THAT reason that I only do the swiffer! :)

Andrew said...

Just for future reference on the thud then crying occurrence, don't put real cookies on the Christmas tree as ornaments. They tend to get pulled at and eaten by little kids, and I should know :).

-A