Yep, a minivan. How cool are we?!
Actually, Nathan was pretty set against a minivan. We both thought we'd end up with an SUV. But after borrowing my parents' minivan for several weeks (we needed a second car after we moved) and test driving some SUV's, I was pretty darn convinced that remote automatic doors might just make life worth living. That, and the fact that Noah can climb into a minivan without help since it's lower to the ground, the gas mileage is better, they are a bit cheaper than an equivalent SUV, the way they're laid out is very roomy, etc.
Apparently, we are not the only ones thinking this way. After we bought our car, we ran across this article on Forbes.com, which pretty much describes our decision-making process in the last paragraph. It went something like this:
Minivans are not cool enough for me-->Man, those sliding doors sure are convenient-->I don't think I can live without this thing.
We bought a used Toyota Sienna, and it really drives sooo nicely. I really, really like my Swagger Wagon. I bet you didn't know it was so cool:
That video gets funnier every time I watch it. It's really the reason I wrote this post.
6 comments:
I'm in the minority, but I can't stand that guy, mainly because he reminds me of Sonic commercials. The tedious, unfunny, annoying, tedious Sonic commercials.
OMGOSH! So I have seen the commercials but I have never seen this! Absolutely hilarious... my husband was watching it too and we were cracking up! Thanks for posting!
That. is. awesome.
Deb
This video is PERFECT! It tells the story of your lives!!!! SOOOOOO funny!
mom
You made the move to your swagger wagon huh? Congratulations! We're considering the swagger, but want to wait till the new Odyssey comes out in the fall before we make our decision. Can't wait to hear how you feel about it after a few weeks.
Ken and I love those commericals. We've talked about having kids just to have a Swagger Waggon. There's no shame.
MSW
Post a Comment