Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day

For the Fourth of July, we had Nathan's brother, Andrew, over, and we grilled on our new grill. It was yummy and pretty fun, but I will say that the day was dominated by children--there was a lot of cartoon watching and no nap from Noah. Overall, though, it was fun, and today Noah kept saying he missed Andrew, which is sweet.

This is a fuzzy picture, but it shows Jane in her Independence Day duds.

And speaking of independence, Mr. Noah used the potty by himself on Independence Day, which I thought very appropriate. I noticed that I hadn't heard him in a few minutes and followed a trail of clothes to the bathroom, where he had taken it upon himself to get onto the potty. Hooray for Noah! He did it later that day, too. We reminded him to ask us for help next time, but I was actually pretty happy about the whole thing.

What did you do for the 4th?

3 comments:

Andrew said...

aww, I miss him too :).

I'm testing out my mobileme service I got with my iPhone, so here's a clip of Jane I got.
https://www.me.com/gallery/#100000

Andrew said...

Oops, I think the link copied incorrectly. The correct one should be: http://gallery.me.com/andrew5979/100000

Lauren said...

Aww. She loves Uncle Andrew. :)