Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What Happens When Nathan is Out of Town

1. I update my Facebook status way too often. Here are my status updates from today:
  • Lauren is going to go find me a Wal-Mart in New England today. Wish me luck! ;).
  • Lauren just bought a bunch of stuff she didn't know she needed.
  • Lauren just cleaned a ketchup thumbprint from the top of Noah's head.
  • Lauren cried while watching "A Walk to Remember." And I can't believe I just posted that on my status.
2. I watch sappy movies. And I don't even intend to do it. I guess I just stop on the channel when I run across them, which I wouldn't normally do if Nathan is around, and I get sucked in. It's always been this way, now that I think about it--just about every time he goes out of town, I watch a girly (most often tear-jerker) movie. The three sappy movies that come to mind are "A Walk to Remember," which I just saw for the first time tonight; "An Affair to Remember;" and "Return to Me" (that's a really good one).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are becoming your mother.
I LOVE sappy movies!
mom

Amanda said...

My dad and I went to see A Walk to Remember together when it came out, not really knowing what it was all about. Can I just tell you that we were both bawling? Remember when she wakes up in her bed and says, "Daddy..." I could cry right now!

Anonymous said...

I cried while watching "A Walk to Remember" too -- I don't know how anyone could get through the ending with dry eyes...

FitzandMolly said...

I'm sorry, but I thought A Walk to Remember was the worst movie I'd ever seen. But I do love An Affair to Remember, and I cry every time at the end of It's A Wonderful Life. It's just so great - all those people he helped for years giving what they had to help the ol' Building and Loan...

Emily Benesh said...

I do the same thing! Every time I feel like watching a movie when I'm alone, I feel somewhat obligated to watch a chick-flick to get my fix without inflicting it upon poor Matthew...except When Harry Met Sally...he really likes that one. :)