The other day, though, I was carrying Noah out to the car, and I realized that my bag was as heavy or heavier than he was. That's when I knew it was time to downsize.
I mean, it's not like I need to carry a bunch of bottles or my sling or bebe au lait or much of the multitude of gear I used to haul along with me everywhere I went when he was itty bitty. So I pulled out my favorite purse from when I was a trendy career girl. I cannot tell you how much lighter it is, and it's not a tiny purse. It's like I'm carrying nothing at all, which is wonderful. I still might need to use something a little bigger, because it still doesn't fit everything I need for Noah, but I am glad we're moving in the right direction!
This is the bag I've been carrying vs. the purse I pulled out of my closet. This picture doesn't seem to do the big bag justice (I think because it's empty), but it is pretty ginormous.
3 comments:
I do like that purse. Good for you! :)
You are downsizing right as I'm upgrading!
isn't it amazing how much stuff a teeny little person needs? i just had to downsize my purse for the same reason, but i feel totally lame because i can't carry something that heavy since i'm pregs. i have no muscle tone. it's pitiful. i feel like a grandma.
Post a Comment