Friday, February 20, 2009

Funny Noah Stuff

The Boy is learning a lot these days and does something funny and unexpected at least once a day.

For example, he knows that socks and shoes go on your feet, that gloves go on your hands, and that headbands and rubber bands go in your hair. A couple of weeks ago, he started bringing me my shoes at random times and trying to put them on my feet. Cute! Then, he found Nathan's glove and walked around for a bit wearing that huge thing on his little hand. And the funniest is when he finds one of my hair things and puts it on his head. Ha! The cool thing is that although I do say, "Okay, we're putting your socks on your feet," and stuff like that, we haven't made it a point to teach him where you put a glove or your shoes or anything--he pretty much made the connections himself.

As far as the funny things he does every day, a good example is something that happened yesterday. I was lying on the couch most of the day, trying to deal with the nausea that came with the stomach bug that Noah passed to me. At one point, Noah was playing with his back to the couch, so I couldn't really see what he was doing. But then, a few minutes later, after he got up, I looked up, and he wasn't wearing pants! He had totally taken them off as he was sitting there next to me, and I didn't even know it! There he was, standing there in his Curious George onesie, showing off those cute, pudgy, bare legs, like there was nothing amiss. It made me laugh. This is his new thing--he realized recently that he can take his pants off (the ones with an elastic waistband, anyway), and he thinks it's really fun to work them off every so often. The other day, he was sitting on the floor playing with one leg in and one leg out of his pajamas.

I should really start writing down the funny stuff he does, because there really is something new every day that makes me laugh. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun stories -- Noah's a smart boy! I'm sorry to hear you caught his stomach bug. I hope you feel much better soon.

Pamela said...

AHH!! he's inheriting yall's smart genes!! haha! he's so handsome!*refrains from saying a boy is 'cute'* by the way i like your background color of ure site! :) <3

FitzandMolly said...

I'm so sorry you got his bug! Hopefully you can get over it quickly.