Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mmmm-ma

Noah is picking up a lot these days. For one thing, even though he is not saying a lot of words yet, he does understand quite a few.

When I asked him where the kitty cat was yesterday, he looked around to find her. When I ask him if he wants to read a book, he looks around to find one. He is finally learning what I mean when I tell him to be "gentle" with the cats. And when I ask him to turn the page, he usually does it. Also, he usually does come when I say, "Come here, Noah!" Oh, and he is beginning to understand that all-important word, "No."

As far as words that he actually speaks, it's pretty limited to Mama and Dada. But, lest you think that represents only a few words, let me quickly correct you. There are actually several versions of "Mama." Here they are:

Ma
Mom
Ama
Mama
and my personal favorite, Mmmm-ma, spoken as if it's two syllables.

Pretty soon he'll be reciting Shakespeare. . . . Or maybe Seuss. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I was always so bitter when my friends' little girls were already saying "Mommy" in such a sweet little voice, but my son would only say "Mmmmm-ma" in a growly, whiney grunt. It evolved of course but for a long time that's how it was! It's so fun when they start talking.