Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Six Months Old!

Noah is six months old today!

I made him a mini cake to celebrate, complete with half a candle.
Please be kind and ignore the fact that there wasn't enough icing to cover the front. ;)

He was much more interested in the candle than in smiling for the picture.

Because I wasn't about to give him cake before he's had one vegetable, he got to try bananas!
You'd think he'd be thrilled, right? Can you believe the kid didn't really like them? I was all set with the camera to catch the look of glee I was sure we'd see, but he actually turned his head in refusal! We are going to have to work on the banana love.

Noah is doing all kinds of new things. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly he grows and changes. Just yesterday, I walked in while Nathan was giving him a bath and was floored by how much of the baby tub he took up. How did he get so big?

We think he might be beginning to teethe, but we are not certain yet. He is just a little more fussy lately, and he's developed this awful growly cry. I'm hoping that cry doesn't stick, because until now, the sound of his crying has never rubbed me the wrong way.

He is so incredibly active now, and if I don't change things up for him fairly often (moving him around or giving him new toys or carrying him around with me), he gets really bored. Especially now that he doesn't have a plethora of doting grandparents to entertain him every waking moment. I really can't keep up with him and expect to get anything else done. Does anyone have any advice for this? He is so active, and he wants to be doing things and touching things all the time. He very nearly confiscated one man's magazine on the plane, and he launched off my lap today and landed on his face when he was trying to get to one of the cats (thankfully, he landed on the couch). He's going to be such a handful when he is mobile!

And that mobile day is imminent. He is starting to get his bottom in the air and is pushing off with his toes. But before you can crawl, you have to sit, right? Well, today Nathan set him on the ground, and he sat all by himself! I took a quick video to prove it. He did sit for longer than this, but the funny thing was that he couldn't balance and look up at me for long:


He is obsessed with anything with buttons. He loves the remote control, the computer keyboard, and your cell phone. Nathan's parents put a toy next to the remote several times in a row, and he chose the remote every single time.

He is so much fun! He just laughs all the time and LOVES to be kissed. He thinks it's a big game. His version of giving a kiss is opening his mouth really wide and basically slobbering all over you. But it's so sweet. :) As of the last couple of days, he's been giving hugs, too. At first, we weren't sure if it was intentional, but we are now convinced that it is. He just wraps his little arms around your neck, holds on, and then gives you a big, slobbery kiss.

He also loves games. He loves patty cake, peek-a-boo, and so on. And Nathan is great at thinking up new sounds to entertain him with. Noah really likes percussive sounds, as you can see in the following video. Nathan had no idea I was filming him, and his first words when he saw this were, "I am so weird." But I think it's sweet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noah is blessed with the best parents on the face of the earth and you guys are blessed with a precious baby!
He is a gift to all of us.
Happy Half Birthday, Noah!
iiwtagss,
GG

Andrew said...

ok seriously, you guys leave and in 3 days he's sitting up and laughing in response to stimuli. That kid sure is growing! Deb and I only got smiles for our popping noises.

-A

Anonymous said...

I would have given him cake.
GG