Have you been wondering where I've been? I've been deep in the heart of Texas! That's right, we went on a little Fourth of July visit to see family. We had a really nice time seeing everyone. Noah got to do some fun new things, too, which he really enjoyed, and everyone had a great time playing with him and teaching him new games.
Mom and Dad, meeting us at the airport. Can you tell they were happy to see their grandson? Forget about Nathan and me! NOAH is here!
Granny and Papa were thrilled to have both their great-grandsons together: Noah and his new little cousin, Spencer.
Grandpa and Noah
Grandpa and Noah
GG and Noah

Aunt Patti was kind enough to get a kiddie pool for Noah to use while we were in Houston. It was his very first swim, and he enjoyed it a lot!
Notice the strategically placed ball. :)
I had bought a swimsuit for him, but it's a size too large, so I didn't bother bringing it to Texas. Turned out that maybe I should have. Oh well! He didn't mind!

He made funny faces when water got on his little face.
He already has a natural knack for swimming. He knew just how to kick. Nathan claims he is one of those babies who would do just fine if you threw him into the water. I am not very eager to find out.

Drying off

We also got to visit with my most excellent friend, Katie. She is so awesome. We had a great time together, and her mom made us some really yummy key lime pie. They got to meet Noah, and I got to hear more about how Katie and Sean met and how their relationship progressed, with is such a cool story of God's work and grace. You can read more about how Katie and I became friends on her blog.

After a few days in Houston, we headed on to Waco to visit Nathan's family.
Here's my cutie, enjoying the outside. He loves to be outdoors, like his daddy.
One note about this t-shirt: this was taken on the 4th of July, and the cool thing is that that little shirt is the very first thing Nathan and I bought for him while I was pregnant. We saw it at Target when I was only about two or three months pregnant and we were still a little in shock that we were going to be parents. We figured out how old our baby would be the next 4th of July to get the size right, and it felt so foreign to buy baby clothes.


Grandmother, giving Noah some yummy rice cereal.

Here's a video of Noah and Papa, doing patty cake. It's cute because Noah thinks the end is so fun. (The volume is really low, though.)
A sign of the smartie he'll become?

Noah had a lot of fun with Aunt Deb.

And Uncle Andrew is way awesome, too!

And he really loved Uncle Daniel because he totally treats him like a boy, tossing him around and hanging him upside down!
A cool shot of Noah and Aunt Jennifer, with the view out the kitchen window in the background.

Grandma Tanner loves me!

And Grandma Benesh wanted to hold me all the time!

One of the awesome things about visiting our parents was that we got some free babysitting. While in Houston, we got to go have some steak at Saltgrass Steakouse and see a movie. By the way, if you ever go to Saltgrass, be sure to try the Shiner Bock on tap. Somehow it was SO GOOD and even better than from a bottle. By a lot, if that's possible. I am not a big beer drinker by any stretch of the imagination, but that stuff was GOOD.
In Waco, we took an afternoon and did a few things on our own for our date. We tried to go to a neat library on Baylor's campus that I actually never went into while I was a student there, but it was closed. So we went to Lake Waco. I like this picture of Nathan--not only is he a handsome dude, but it captures the expansive sky, which he had mentioned earlier that day as something he enjoys about Texas.

The whole gang at my favorite BBQ place, Uncle Dan's.

We also got to spend a few hours in Dripping Springs with Ken and Meredith. Their church had a Fourth of July fish fry that we got to attend, and it was really fun!
Noah and Nathan.

Noah LOVES to grab everyone's hair. Grandpa Dale is no exception!
Actually, he was kind of asking for it when he put Noah on his shoulders. :)
Also, do you not love the baby flip flops?

GG took Noah to get a close look at Uncle Ken playing the drums.

On our last day in Houston, we got to have lunch with Sarah. Isn't this a cute picture?

Noah and all his grandparents. They were so sad to see him go.

Thanks, everyone, for such a great trip!
Notice the strategically placed ball. :)
I had bought a swimsuit for him, but it's a size too large, so I didn't bother bringing it to Texas. Turned out that maybe I should have. Oh well! He didn't mind!
He made funny faces when water got on his little face.
He already has a natural knack for swimming. He knew just how to kick. Nathan claims he is one of those babies who would do just fine if you threw him into the water. I am not very eager to find out.
Drying off
We also got to visit with my most excellent friend, Katie. She is so awesome. We had a great time together, and her mom made us some really yummy key lime pie. They got to meet Noah, and I got to hear more about how Katie and Sean met and how their relationship progressed, with is such a cool story of God's work and grace. You can read more about how Katie and I became friends on her blog.
After a few days in Houston, we headed on to Waco to visit Nathan's family.
Here's my cutie, enjoying the outside. He loves to be outdoors, like his daddy.
One note about this t-shirt: this was taken on the 4th of July, and the cool thing is that that little shirt is the very first thing Nathan and I bought for him while I was pregnant. We saw it at Target when I was only about two or three months pregnant and we were still a little in shock that we were going to be parents. We figured out how old our baby would be the next 4th of July to get the size right, and it felt so foreign to buy baby clothes.
Grandmother, giving Noah some yummy rice cereal.
Here's a video of Noah and Papa, doing patty cake. It's cute because Noah thinks the end is so fun. (The volume is really low, though.)
A sign of the smartie he'll become?
Noah had a lot of fun with Aunt Deb.
And Uncle Andrew is way awesome, too!
And he really loved Uncle Daniel because he totally treats him like a boy, tossing him around and hanging him upside down!
A cool shot of Noah and Aunt Jennifer, with the view out the kitchen window in the background.
Grandma Tanner loves me!
And Grandma Benesh wanted to hold me all the time!
One of the awesome things about visiting our parents was that we got some free babysitting. While in Houston, we got to go have some steak at Saltgrass Steakouse and see a movie. By the way, if you ever go to Saltgrass, be sure to try the Shiner Bock on tap. Somehow it was SO GOOD and even better than from a bottle. By a lot, if that's possible. I am not a big beer drinker by any stretch of the imagination, but that stuff was GOOD.
In Waco, we took an afternoon and did a few things on our own for our date. We tried to go to a neat library on Baylor's campus that I actually never went into while I was a student there, but it was closed. So we went to Lake Waco. I like this picture of Nathan--not only is he a handsome dude, but it captures the expansive sky, which he had mentioned earlier that day as something he enjoys about Texas.
The whole gang at my favorite BBQ place, Uncle Dan's.
We also got to spend a few hours in Dripping Springs with Ken and Meredith. Their church had a Fourth of July fish fry that we got to attend, and it was really fun!
Noah and Nathan.
Noah LOVES to grab everyone's hair. Grandpa Dale is no exception!
Actually, he was kind of asking for it when he put Noah on his shoulders. :)
Also, do you not love the baby flip flops?
GG took Noah to get a close look at Uncle Ken playing the drums.
On our last day in Houston, we got to have lunch with Sarah. Isn't this a cute picture?
Noah and all his grandparents. They were so sad to see him go.
Thanks, everyone, for such a great trip!
3 comments:
Love you, love your kid, love the picture of me with your kid.
Glad to know that you will not be throwing Noah in the water to see what happens any time soon.
Honored and blessed to get to spend time with you while you were here.
Glad you finally got a pic of Noah and me :) ...I actually don't remember that one being taken. You might want to add some "great"s in there for Jennifer and the Benesh grandparents, too. And I'm not surprised Noah liked swimming. It hasn't been too long since he last swam. That's too bad about Armstrong-Browning, though. If you guys are here in early December you should try and get tickets to the Chambersingers' concert there. It's absolutely breathtaking...probably my top of things to experience while at BU.
Hey Lauren!
What a wonderful visit! Granny and Papa are as cute as ever :)
How fun that you got to meet little Spencer. Jonathan has sent me many pictures, he is a very proud Uncle! :)
Noah is just such a punkin! What a sweet face!!
Post a Comment