Sunday, July 27, 2008

Randomness

  1. I have noticed that since I'm right-handed, I always carry Noah with my left arm in order to leave my right hand free to do things with. I really hope I don't end up with a Popeye arm on one side only.
  2. I have lost approximately 13 lbs. since I started trying to lose the pregnancy weight. I'm finally starting to see my figure again. Can anybody say YAY? I did plateau for about a month, but something clicked and now I'm losing again. I have about 12 more lbs. to go before I'm down to my goal weight. Halfway there! I'm doing Weight Watchers online. It's the only diet that has ever worked for me.
  3. I am a sewing maven. Okay, so I've only had my machine for one day. And I just figured out how to wind the bobbin and change out the presser foot (which is way basic). And, well, I haven't actually sewn anything yet. But I have a lot of confidence. ;) You can look for me on Project Runway in about a year, okay?
  4. The Boy is growing up. He inhales food. He also slept like 11 hours last night. Blessed child.
  5. Nathan just got back from a week in the Canadian Rockies, working for his advisor. He's a geologist, in case you haven't read my nifty little profile on the right. So he gets to go there every summer and meet people from all over the world who come to take a class from his advisor. Not to mention that he gets to spend some time in one of the most beautiful areas in North America. The other day, he called me from the hotel where we spent our honeymoon. I'm glad he got to go, but I'm also glad he's back. So is Noah, who has been incredibly smiley since his daddy got home.
  6. Noah is teething. Ick. Enough said.
  7. This zucchini casserole is so yummy! I served it with homemade bread and a rotisserie chicken. Then I made another one and mixed in the meat from one of the chicken breasts, and it was a one-dish dinner. It was good, y'all.
  8. I just got a bunch of bread machine recipes, and I am going to town, y'all. (Apparently I like saying "y'all" today.) I got really inspired and made three loaves the other day. And Nathan was out of town, so what was I going to do with three loaves of bread? I gave one to my landlady, who was thrilled and said that no one had given her fresh baked bread in 15 years. Aww. I'm glad she was so pleased. There is something about homemade bread that is so, I don't know, caring or something. Even if it's from a bread machine. :)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah! Woo hoo! Yipee! This is me celebratinng your weight loss with you. Way to go! You can encourage me next summer. Love ya!

FitzandMolly said...

Hey - I made some bread in my bread machine today! Moriah helped to tump all the ingredients in.

Lauren said...

"Tump" is such a great word.

Julie said...

Congrats on losing more weight!! And the casserole looks yummy!

April Drolet said...

Yes, there is something about your homemade bread. So sad it's gone!Congrats os your weight success. Maybe you should be a WeightWatchers facilitator to all the new moms! Yay that Nathan's home now!!!!