This one comes from Sarah Fuselier's mom, Sherry Welch, who is a great creative cook. Talk about easy! All you need for this is a microwave. It's loaded with fiber and iron, and it's also vegetarian-friendly.
Spinach and Black Bean Burritos
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- bag baby spinach
- 8 flour tortillas
- shredded cheese (Pepper Jack is my favorite)
- salsa
optional items that make it even better:
- sour cream
- fresh lime juice
- cilantro
Spoon 1/4 can of black beans onto each tortilla. Top with a handful of spinach leaves (they cook down to a very small amount, so you can put a lot on), cheese, lime juice, and cilantro. Roll the tortilla up like a burrito and microwave for about a minute. Top with salsa and microwave again for 20-30 seconds. Add sour cream, if desired, and eat with a fork.
Serves four people two burritos each.
If you're Sarah, you'll also load these up with serrano peppers. She likes 'em hot. :)
2 comments:
OK...you got me...I am a lurker!!! I am so glad you put my Hill Country Salsa recipe on your site. (I lost my copy a few years ago and have been guessing at it for a while!) I am going to try the burritos soon. That looks good! Can't wait to see you guys this summer!
LOVE, Aunt Les
I just wanted to tell you that I bought all the ingredients today so that we can have these yummy burritos for dinner. Hannah has requested the extra spicy salsa ;-)
Post a Comment